Non graphing calculators are sought by students and engineers who have a lot of classes or plan to take certification tests which restrict the use of certain calculators.
If you are looking to purchase a scientific calculator with graphing restrictions the TI-36X Pro is the best bet. It is an outstanding machine and makes it simple to copy and change functions or to store and recall variables.
Texas Instruments TI-36X Pro Engineering/Scientific Non Graphing Calculator
- Best for curricula in which graphing technology may not be permitted on calculators.
- It has MultiViewTM display which shows multiple calculations at same time on the screen.
- It also has MathPrintTM which shows stacked fractions, math expressions and symbols like in textbooks.
- Perfect for high school through college: Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Statistics, Trigonometry, Calculus, Biology, etc.
- Ideal to convert fractions, decimals and terms including Pi into alternate representations.
- Select degrees/radians, floating/fix, number format modes.
The TI-36x Pro is the most likely candidate to be allowed by instructors and tutors. It is also very affordable in terms of pricing.
During our research we also came across many more calculators which we have summarized below. (Just in case you might want to investigate more options)
The best non-graphing scientific calculators in production right now are
- Casio FX 115 ES PLUS – It is similar to the TI-36x Pro
- HP 35s Scientific Calculator – It uses RPN
- Casio FX-5800P-N – Non-graphing calculator that is Programmable
There are/were also other non-graphing scientific calculators which are/were expensive collectors items:
- HP 15C (manufactured in limited editions hence usually out of stock)
- TI 68
- TI Galaxy 67
- TI 95
- HP 42s (powerful than 15C, but too expensive)
Hope you liked our review on the rare non graphing calculators available, do let us know if we missed out on something which is good fit to be in this list and we will make sure to include it in this list of calculators. We look forward to your comments and insights.